The Pros vs. Cons of a Wood Fence
- Compared to vinyl and aluminum. Wood fencing is relatively low in cost.
- Wood fences can provide the privacy you want.
- Provide security for your family and pets.
- Lightweight to install and removal can be easily done.
- Paint color and staining styles are limitless.
- Because of its versatility, many shapes are available on the market to suit your home style.
- Environmentally friendly and biodegradable.
- Limited lifespan (10-15 years) care and wood types will vary.
- Rotting can cause damage to the fence.
- Regular maintenance is necessary.
- Warping, cracks and fading can happen.
- Limited to no warranty for wood fence.
- Maintenance for a wood fence generally is higher than most types of fences.
- Wood fences are susceptible to termites.